Sunday 3 February 2013

Third post lucky...

Hello All

Well...here I am again, updating my blog on a Sunday again as promised!!  Gosh i'm getting good at this!  And...as its my third blog post..your lucky enough to see a sneaky pic of my new jewellery range....


In this photo is my first necklace of my new 'Message' range and behind it you will see the matching bracelet I have made.  These designs are very time consuming to make, especially as I chose to work with such small beads etc...only 3mm!  But the necklace and the bracelet both look stunning (in my opinion) and finally have the look I was going for...much more 'me'.

All of my pieces are branded with a sterling silver tag reading 'My Beady Eye' on one side and 'Handmade by Andrea Paulie' on the other side.  Also..carrying the trademark through and following on from the theme of my shop banner..all of my items carry a Tibetan Silver cloud charm and a Tibetan Silver angel charm.  My pieces in this range will also all carry a message to inspire.

I will not be lisiting in my Folksy shop until I have a few more items to list and until I have decided exactly how I want to stage my photos...I have some ideas, I just need to have a play around in good light and see what works best.  My next make will be a chunkier set with large black crystals.  I hope to post a sneaky pic of those next week too.

I still have decisions to make on packaging before I open my shop again, I have new business cards, new bags etc but I really want to package my items to ensure they travel well as so much car is taken when I make my items, and they take quite a while to make each piece, I would hate for them to suffer on their travels and it means alot to me that each piece is presented to a high standard.

So...watch this space for more jewellery shop news....

And I haven't forgotten my update on my new years resolutions, so here's the gruesome truth...

Weight:   Still the same, havent been doing very well, not been sticking to fitpal..
Money:   Although I saved into my ISA lst week...I have spent way too much on jewellery supplies
Gym:       Didnt go at all in the week but I went yesterday and today & aim to go this week too...
CIPS:      Well, as I said, I passed, although I havent received my certificate yet...hmmmm....
Holiday:  Maybe towards the end of the year..depends how my saving money resolution goes!
Jewellery: Well, first items in new range made & blog still being updated weekly..not bad..

Well...its a good job I re cap on here once a week as it brings to light in my mind the areas I'm failing at..ive never made resolutions before, but this year I really want to keep to them, they are real points in my life that needed work, and if I stick to acheiving what I want to acheive this year...next year will be far better...

Highlighting my resolutions this week has made me realise that this coming week I need to eat better and stick to fitpal, keep up the gym, spend as little as possible and no more buying jewellery supplies this month and chase up my CIPS certificate.

As for day to day life...my day job is super super hectic as usual, I'm an Engineering Buyer for a Sheet Metal Manufacturing Company and I am lucky enough to work for one of my best friends...and I am lucky enough to genuinely like the majority of people I work with...I am very blessed with my day job and I love it there..however...working for one of your best friends has its downsides too...I'm super duper busy, I get put upon and in turn I work myself hard because the success of their company is important to me...but all in all...I know im lucky to have what I do:)

My dog is super lovely as usual..just about to take her on her second long walk of the day...

Havent managed to catch up with the family this weekend but I have managed to catch up with two of my best friends who both had some exciting news to share with me so that was lovely...

Anyway...enough burbling for one week..

See you next week...same time (ish) same place...

Andrea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment